Tuesday, May 1, 2012

clubsixfifty Sports Center

Eastwood, Libis

clubsixfifty offers a large array of sports courts for many kinds of sporrs enthusiasts. Its main attraction; the 15 badminton courts, take most of its floor area. 7 of these courts are panaflex which supposedly should help make your 'game' better. I personally find little difference, seeing that I'm a complete amateur at the sport. However, I'm sure that the pros who come to practice at the club appreciate the panaflex courts.

Aside from badminton, the club also offers courts for basketball, volleyball, futsal, table tennis and aikido. It also has a small 200m. track and a gym for cardio and weight training.

So the nitty gritty, how are the facilities?

All the courts are covered but there is no airconditioning. They provide large industrial fans and blowers but the place quickly feels like a sauna after you've played a few sets. While its good for those who wanna really sweat, its not too good if you have a couple of guests who just meant to watch the game.

The lighting is okay, although I would prefer it to be a bit brighter. The white flourescent lights also do not hide the fact the place must be about 5 or so years old. Its well-maintained but hardly 'posh'.

They provide large bleachers for seating which is great and enough space between courts so players can run all they want without fear of bumping into others.

Showers and restrooms are very clean and airconditioned. It smells pleasant (which really is a big thing for me) and they provide lockers at an extra cost.

Costwise, I think that it is pretty average. I know some badminton clubs offer a much lower rate, but considering its in Libis, then its not too bad. Come in before 6pm and it's about P125 per person want-to-sawa/play-all-you-can. In the evernings, its at a P300per hour rate. They also provide sports clinics and workshops.

I've been to this club for about three times now and I can say that its a pretty good, no frills place to get a good workout. Nice venue to spend time with friends and family too, just bring a lot of towels and drinking water.

clubsixfifty
150 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave., Libis, QC
6370650/6366667

1 comment:

  1. Interesting seeing as I pass the place a whole lot but have never actually been ~ I think my sister and my youngest brothers had gym classes there. I'll keep the place in mind if I should ever consider taking up a racquet (okay so that chances of that are pretty slim) or perhaps recommend it to my siblings who are far more inclined ^^;

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! :)